The Town hall in Šibenik is situated on the medieval central town square (the Square of the Republic of Croatia), used to be Plathea communis. This is a very harmonious and transparent Renaissance building erected between 1533 and 1546.
The ground-floor encompasses the cloister (with columns supporting semi-circular arches) from which there was an access to the offices of communal administration. There is a representative hall on the floor where the sessions of town councils took place.
This town hall was completely destroyed in December 1943 during the attack of the allied air forces. It was restored in its original form after the war, while it was organized and equipped in its interior according to the needs of its new function.