St. Francis Church was raised in the second half of the 14th century at the furthest south-east part of the historic city core. The church represents spacious single vessel Gothic style architecture without architectural decorative elements. In the 15th century at the northern side, the Holy Cross Chapel was added on and the presbytery with the shrine was rearranged.
In the front of the church is the main entrance with a Gothic style stone frame, and visible in the lunette are the remains of frescos from the 14th century. Located in the Holy Cross Chapel is an organ that was built in 1762 by Petar Nakić, a renowned maker of these instruments. Located within the architectural complex of Šibenik's Conventual-Fransiscans, on the south side of the church, is a monastery dated back to the 14th century.
Since cultural-historic works of art were collected in this monastery for many centuries, today, it represents a place where a great deal of monumental city heritage is kept. The monastery library is accentuated with a collection of 140 incunabula as well as a collection of hand-written codices. Also found here is the "Šibenik Prayer" one of the oldest Croatian language and literary tributes written in Latin script around 1375.