The church is a work of Sibenik baroque builder Ivan Skoko. It was built from 1746 to 1749, on foundations of an old chapel. Above the portal is a beautiful baroque rosette. The baroque altar was dedicated to St. Cross. On the altars of the Heart of Jesus and the Holy Family are two altarpieces from mid-19th century.
The bell tower has been built for full twenty years, since 1752, by Vicko Macanovic, a builder from Dubrovnik. The bell tower has a closed stem and two naves. The bottom nave has two bigger windows, and the top nave has two smaller ones on each side.